Monday, February 4, 2013

Wedding Project #3: The Mantle (Pt 2)

FOUND IT!

I found a fireplace surround.

For $50.00.

If you aren't impressed you should be. Because it is literally incredible.

More incredible is the story of my find:

Last Saturday I was in Salem with my parents, driving to go pick up my car from being serviced. On the way over, we passed a house that I used to walk by all the time at my old apartment. Old house, tons of character. And there on the porch-- a bright white and massive fireplace surround. I literally yelled at my mom to stop the car. We had to circle back around to the house-- and let me be clear, this surround was sitting on someone's porch, not with a for sale sign or anything like it. When we got to the porch, I marched up to the door, rang the doorbell, knocked etc. If you know me, you know that it is very unlike me to do that-- in any circumstance.

No answer, so I left a note with my name and number that if they were interested in selling the surround to contact me. Low and behold, our wedding fireplace surround. Pictures and a sketch of the concept are below.


Stoked doesn't even begin to describe.


No comments:

Post a Comment