Saturday, December 22, 2012

An Art + Us Engagement!

That's right folks! He got down on one knee and popped the question, and here's the story, in his words:

"I proposed Friday afternoon, surprising Alica when she came home from work.

I had purchased the ring and left it in Salem to keep Alicia from discovering it at home. As soon as she left for work that morning I jumped out of bed and left for Salem. I picked up the ring, went to visit my parents' house and told my sister Marina, called my parents Roberta and Ed, called Guy and Lynn for their their official blessing, visited Nancy and Jay's for Jay's official blessing & visited Alicia's Grandma Maggie at her apartment to show her the ring.

On the way back to Portland I spoke with Dom, Alicia's coworker and schemed a way to keep Alicia at work until I was finished setting up at the house.

In our kitchen I strung together pictures of Alicia and I; pictures of us as little guys, awkward teens, high school years, and a few current. I intersected Alicia and I's "timelines" at various points and added a string of pictures of us. There was a bouquet of flowers on the table, bouquets of red balloons, confetti everywhere, and positioned the ring box on the table.

Alicia was completely surprised when she came home, I got down on one knee and proposed and tearfully said YES! Later that evening we drank champagne and had dinner at Cheesecake Factory; where we had our first date."

If you read that correctly-- you saw that this incredible person that I'm marrying (Holy Cow! How weird is THAT?!) went to my sweet little 94 year old Grandma's house to show her the ring and share a sweet moment with her before proposing. Seriously, this guy knows how to knock it out of the park.

See below pictures of our kitchen all decked out for the proposal, as well as my ring! Can't wait to share more about this incredible time in our lives....


This is my ring. If it looks blue, that's because it is. I'm not much of a diamond girl, and the only thing I insisted on from Edwin when he asked what I wanted in a piece of jewelry that I'll wear for the rest of my life, was that it be completely 100% unique. My engagement ring has an aquamarine stone (Bub's Birthstone) with a rose gold band.

Practically Perfect in Every Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment