Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Halloween Project: Part 2

So, I've gathered all of my materials. 150' of Tulle and some elastic. Let's see if we can turn this into something:

I'm following this tutorial from Pinterest (of course, because all genius ideas come from there) in order to make my skirt.

I got lucky earlier this week and found the perfect top at a vintage store on Hawthorne this week. It was only $10!!! So relieved that it's not yet another item I'll have to order from online in order to create my masterpiece.

This is how the skirt is going so far:


I've just been cutting strips of the tulle in various lengths and tying them into knots onto the elastic band. I measured the elastic around my waist, cut it, and then hand sewed it together. Because I don't have a sewing machine. Because I'm hardcore that way folks:

It's getting there. But we're going to need more tulle. Yep. Lots more.


No comments:

Post a Comment